Key Activities, Events, and Achievements – June 2020
- Continued to implement and update Covid-19 park response plan.
- Hosted Malawi Broadcasting Cooperation TV crew who came to film the “African Parks Corner” programme on MBC TV.
- Made good progress with establishing new monitoring plots (vegetation monitoring and camera trap installation).
Management and Infrastructure
- Repaired the fence and closed gaps from washed away river crossings between Bua Camp and the Kaombe River (10 km).
- Repaired electrics on the eastern boundary fence with multiple damages due to elephant breakouts (20 days).
- Cut fire break on the Eastern boundary fence line from the Bua River to Dwangwa River 36 km.
- Cut fire breaks along Tongole Road 6 km.
- Cut fire break around Livezi camp and water tank, game hide, and solar equipment.
- Cleared along the fence line from Tongole Road to Bua River 5 km.
- Used TLB to clear fence line track from Bua camp to Kaombe River (10 km).
- A thousand facemasks were made by a local tailor for distribution to reserve staff and their families.